Decorative objects, craftsmen, flavors ... Let yourself be rocked by the song of the cicadas from 12 to 15 June 2009, in Aix-en-Provence: the living room Vivre Coté Sud is back with more and more decorative objects, animations and all that makes this beautiful art of living of the region.
If you are a fan of the Côté Sud style, the Salon Vivre Côté Sud is for you. It will take place from June 12 to 15, 2009 in Aix-en-Provence, in the Jourdan Park, a perfect setting for strolling and a shopping decoration or art of living. On the program: culinary workshops and ceramists and four spaces: southern decorations with decorative objects and lifestyle, Talents of the South with the creators and craftsmen, flavors and sweets of the South, Esapce garden and ecology. In addition, Picasso will be in the spotlight at this 2009 show.
Practical information :
Location: Jourdan Park, Aix-en-Provence.
Open to the public: from Friday, June 12 to Monday, June 15, 2009 from 10 am to 7 pm (except Monday, at 6 pm)
Opening reserved for the press and professionals: Thursday, June 11, 2009 from 17 hours.
Entry fee: € 7 on site, € 6 presale FNAC membership, € 5 reduced price on presentation of student or school card, free for children under 12 years.
A program made for good mood
The only rain tolerated will be only that of the warm colors of the South like the works of Picasso. From the entrance of the show, you will be seduced by the space dedicated to four great designers who will showcase their vision of the Riviera of the 50s. You will also find unique pieces and creations in ceramics made especially for Maisons Côté Sud. In short, it's time to pack your sneakers to wander through the stalls, to taste, smell, touch or see what makes the South so enjoyable. In 2008, the show focused on "Southern Design" and was a great success with 16,500 visitors.
The planned animations:
- Demonstrations of ceramists and potters. They will gladly share their know-how with you, and will not fail to make you participate.
- Culinary workshop. The chefs of the Villa des Chefs will share their cooking secrets and secrets during cooking workshops. These demonstrations will take place several times a day.
- The Villa des Chefs will also animate the restaurant "La palette du peintre" on the theme "One day, a chef". Assorted flavors and sunny scents will be offered by different Mediterranean chefs in tribute to the colors and works of Picasso, in a setting staged by Henri and Françoise Quinta. (First Campaign / Canvas of the Sun).
Four thematic spaces are planned:
- Southern decorations where you will find great brands of quality for your home.
- Talents du Sud is a space dedicated to creators and artisans.
- Southern flavors and sweets for gourmets with delicatessen, wine sale or more practical with cooking utensils.
- The Gardens and Ecology area will endeavor to beautify your exterior while asking the question of respect for our environment.