The patina is trendy. We like to give this old-fashioned look to his decor, revamp his old furniture ... Here is the B.A.-BA to achieve his patina. Interview with Brigitte de Fabry, a patina pro who also does internships ...
The material for the patina
- Paint brushes
The stages of the patina
1. Prepare the support
- Strip and clean the support
- Apply a first layer of matte acrylic. Leave to dry for 2 or 3 hours.
- Apply the 2nd coat of paint. Let dry.
- Sand to remove material.
- Apply the 3rd coat of paint.
2. The color
- Work the pigments and wax.
- Once the color is found, apply it with a brush.
- Spread with a cotton wick.
- Allow to dry for 4 hours
- Pass a woolen cloth to make shine.
More info on patina patina of Brigitte de Fabry: visit www.stage-patine.com.